HAPPY ST. PATS DAY!
Drunk Sausha used to LOVE this day. Things have changed in the last few years so no more drunk party buses, passing out in alleys, whatever bombs, keg stands and all the other drunk shit that goes with St. Pats Day. Or maybe that was just me...... Who am I kidding? I know I am not the only one who got ridiculously drunk on this day. But now I am getting away from what I really want to talk about....
YOU ARE YOUR OWN WORST ENEMY!
You are the killer of your dreams. You are the one who talks yourself out of the things you want to achieve. You make up fake scenarios of the world coming to an end. You are the one who comes up with these bullshit stories about how "I'm not qualified", "Susan wont like it if I do blah blah blah" or "Nancy will say I'm a jerk if I do blah blah blah". Well Susan and Nancy can fuck right off because they are not you and they are not living your life. But why do we do this? Why do we convince ourselves its too scary or we are not worth? Because it is literally your brains way of keeping you SAFE!
Doing the uncomfortable is just that... UNCOMFORTABLE. So our minds come up with reasons to stay the same and keep us safe. We stay with these easy habits of "not doing" to keep us safe. Keep eating that junk food because its easy and cheap (ahem - hence why you feel like shit...) Keep sitting on the couch because its easy. Don't reach out to more prospects because its easier not talking to people. Don't start your own business because its scary and easier to punch a time clock. Stay in that dead end relationship because dating new people is hard. The list is endless.
The other enemy is fear. Fear of the unknown is a real thing. You are scared of what will happen. What if I fail? What if people don't like me? What if....? But what if you are SUCCESSFUL? What if people LOVE YOU? What if you achieve those dreams and then come up with bigger and better ones? What if you become FEARLESS? What if you change those negative thoughts into something positive? Look at all of the things you are capable of! Look at all the cool shit you can do! Look at all of the people you can love and help! WOW!! Look at you go!
The only way to overcome these obstacles is to go through them. Yep, right straight through the shit and the mud, sticky, smelly, cow shitty mud. You see the dry lot of happiness on the other side, you can SEE it! But the only way to get to it is to walk straight through the shit. You have to feel the fear and uncomfortable until it becomes the norm and is no longer scary. You will get through it, I promise. I know, I don't have a cheat method for this. If you find one LET ME KNOW! You have to expand your brain's way of thinking by doing little tiny things each day that make you face your fears, get out of your comfort zone and expand you bubble.
So in the meantime, get your journal out and do these things to help get out of your own way on the path to a happier, healthier, more successful you...
1) Write how awesome you are everyday. Stand in in front of the mirror and repeat after me. "I am awesome. I can do this. I can do anything I set my mind to." You have overcome all of your worst days so far. You can keep going. Write about all of the things you achieved in the past years. Pat yourself on the back for being here and being fucking awesome. Positive self talk will become the new habit and create MORE positive things to happen in your life.
2) Stop the NEGATIVE self talk. Its not helping anyone, especially you. I don't know any successful or happy people that became that way by telling themselves "they suck" or "they can't". SO STOP IT! It's easier said that done, I know. Be aware of the thoughts and change them. Instead of "I suck" say "I'm a mother f*&*ing bad ass" or whatever floats your boat. I like to refer to myself as a bad ass. Noticing these bad thoughts if half the battle. One you recognize them, change them into positive.
3) Write the next 3 action steps you must take towards that "thing" that you are avoiding doing that will make you a better YOU.
4) Freak out about writing down the 3 things and then BREATHE! RELAX! (fear - you feel it in your chest like its going to EXPLODE! But that's normal. My chest hasn't exploded yet....Man this is so exciting and scary at the same time! Trust me I know! Eeek)
5) DO IT! Go for it. Reach out to the person. Start the new exercise routine. Do whatever action step you need to get one step closer to being a better you.
6) ASK FOR HELP! All of the successful people you know didn't get there on their own. They had a coach or a mentor to help them. Look at CEOs, Professors, Olympic Athletes, everyone has someone. It's not shameful to ask for your help. Its hard to master the unknown. So hire someone or find someone you can rely on to ask questions, bounce ideas off of, and BE YOUR CHEERLEADER! You need positive, helpful people in your life. The more of these people you surround yourself with, the better you will be.
I could literally go on and on about all of the things to do to help you out. But I hope this helps clears up some of the things and that you can relate to my struggles. You are not alone. That's the good thing. The other good thing is there is people out there who want to see you succeed (ME!) and who want to help you (ALSO ME!). Take a deep breath. Give yourself a big ass hug and tell yourself YOU GOT THIS! I'm mother fucking bad ass and ain't nobody stopping me now! Go chase those dreams because nobody else is doing it for ya! I got you ;)
Questions? Comments? Thumbs up? Send me an email at email@example.com.
I would LOVE to hear from you.
Like it? SHARE IT!
Love it? SUBSCRIBE!